PTA MEETNG MONDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2019
7pm Ship Inn
Present: K Lenton, J Buchanan, G Drinkall, S Brearley, G Spencer, S Gibson, K Salt, T Bellamy, L Scott, L Duff, R Thompson, S Brabant, S Ansell
Apologies: P Pearson, B Boyd, C Colquhoun, N Parker, J Proctor, A Hine, K+T Shepherd
Thank you for Sarah Gibson for coming to the meeting tonight, we need new members for the PTA and great to see a new face!
Welcome to our new School Governor, Simon Brearley. Thank you for attending the meeting.
1. Fundraising –
Pumpkin Party £80
Charities Fair £45
Edgelands Run £3086
School Lottery £174 since launch in September, numbers always available if friends and family wish to join
2. Storth Community Co-Operative have donated £2000 grant following our application, which provides our children with music lesson so a huge thanks to them
3. Bags2School Collection is next week at 9am Wednesday 13th November – all donations raise money for the school and send much needed items to other less fortunate countries to reuse/sell
4. Christmas Craft Club – starts on Tuesday 12th November 3.15pm to 4pm. Any offers of help and resources for this would be most appreciated please.
5. Friday 15th November is Children in Need so a Pudsey timetable of fun and games planned – see school email from Mr Brabant
6. Carol Service at Storth Village Hall on December 17th, school to run a film after school with treats (details TBC) then go straight onto the carols
7. School requests – cooking/craft aprons agreed through PTA funding
8. Parents Evening dates – 25/26/27 November details to follow
9. Christmas shopping – a big thank you to everyone who has already signed up to support the PTA through shopping online with ‘easyfundraising’, and if you haven’t please, please do on the link below. It only takes a few minutes, and makes a huge difference to the funds raised for the children. For more information and to sign up visit the link below
Image result for christmas presents
Christmas Fayre Saturday December 7th 12 – 2pm
· Stall floats LS/Raffle ticket books (in school)/Grotto gifts (LS/RT to liase)
· Letter for donations and weekly treat for children – GS
· Set up 9.30am on the Saturday, any offers of help would be appreciated – see poster on PTA board
· Posters – LD
· Grotto to be decorated (Mrs Wilson) Father Christmas booked already
· Mrs Ireland’s knitting for bottle tops?
· Craft Stall/Wooden festive decorations to sell – SA
· Gingerbread House competition – LS/GD
· Refreshments – turkey and cranberry sandwiches/mince pies/teas/coffees etc Mrs Goodfellow/BB and helpers (Airey’s Dairies to be asked about milk donation again this year, Ship Inn kindly donating the turkey)
· Hamper’s – GD
· Door raffle – LS/GD
· Treasure Map – J Proctor
· Wine raffle – JB
· Bottle game – PP (two games one for children one for adults so alcohol separate)
· Jam Jar Tombola
· Chocolate Tombola
· Cake stall – letter to go out asking for everyone to turn their ovens on please J GS on 25.11 and 2.12 KS
· Christmas face painting – A Hine
· Toys/books/games/bric a brac/gifts stall – GS
· Floating help – RT
Christmas School Productions 10th/11th December
The PTA always provide refreshments during the interval, alongside the raffle on the door. We are in need of helpers with this please, nearer the time an email will go out to see who can offer a small amount of their time.
Thank you to the children, and teachers/support staff, for all your hard work throughout this year. Many thanks to all our parents for your continued support. It’s early but have a wonderful Christmas, and all the best for the New Year.
Next meeting on Monday 13th January 2020 7pm at the Ship Inn – everyone welcome!!