Health & Safety Policy
Part 1 – Statement of Intent
- This Policy is designed to complement the County Council’s Health and Safety Policy and that of the Education Directorate and should be read in conjunction with those Policies.
- The School and its Governors will abide by its duties and responsibilities as an employer under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and will seek to implement the Act in all activities within its control.
- The School recognises that effective health and safety management can contribute towards organisational performance by reducing injuries, ill health, unnecessary losses and liabilities. To this end, it will seek to create and maintain a positive health and safety culture that secures the commitment and participation of all employees in attaining the highest standards of health and safety in the workplace.
- The School identifies health and safety as a primary objective of its activities. To this end, it will endeavour, so far as is reasonably practicable, to conduct its activities without risk to health and safety of its employees and to those who may be affected by its activities.
- This general statement Storth CE School Safety Policy will continue in force until amended.
- The Policy of Storth CE School is to take appropriate steps to:
- safeguard its employees, young persons, pupils, and visitors from injury or ill-health;
- provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions including a means of access to and egress
- from places of work under the Directorate’s control, which are safe and without risk;
- provide adequate welfare facilities;
- provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable employees to avoid
- hazards and contribute positively to their own safety and health at work and to that of others affected by their acts or omissions;
- prevent or contain all forms of loss due to accident, fire or inadequate security.
To this end, the School and it’s Governors will aim to ensure, via an ongoing auditing, monitoring and inspection programme, that educational premises, plant and systems of work (for which it is responsible) are safe and do not pose risks to health.
Download the full Health & Safety Policy PDF here >