Storth School PTA AGM
Monday 21st September 2020 3.30pm School
Present: R Boyd, L Scott, K Lenton, G Spencer, R Thompson, K.Salt, P Blanchard
Apologies: P Pearson, S Ansell, T Shephard, J Proctor, T Bellamy, S Brabant
Welcome to old and new members of the PTA – thank you to Phillip Blanchard for attending, great to see new faces
Appointments of new committee
Chair – K Lenton (Nominated 1st R Boyd 2nd L Scott)
Vice Chair – Kelly Salt (Nominated 1st K Lenton 2nd R Boyd)
Treasurer – Lucy Scott (Nominated 1st G Spencer 2nd K Salt)
Secretary – R Boyd (Nominated 1st R Thompson 2nd L Scott)
During the appointments it became very apparent that this time next year the PTA will more than likely have to disband if no new members come forwards. This is due to a number of parents whose children are progressing to secondary. This is a sad situation as it is a very successful PTA which raises the extra funding needed so as your children can have things such as music lessons, school trips/coach travel, leavers celebrations, refreshments at events, day to day school essentials/resources and of course an extension to the building for the new school classroom. If you would like to talk about what the PTA does, what commitment it may involve then please do ask the school for the committee contact details.
1. Treasurer report given by Lucy Scott –
Classroom fund – £5464.12
General account – £5482.66
Due to the amount raised 2018/19 for the new classroom the PTA have completed a Charity Commission Report which can be viewed as an attachment with this email.
Monies to remain with L Scott and R Boyd support
2. Fundraising – PLEASE NOTE that due to the current situation with Covid -19, and parents not entering the building, please read your emails as this will have anything you need to know in place of the information board in the conservatory
• BIC recycling pens/highlighters box in the reception area so please do bring in all your recycling from home/work
• Bags2School collection – Wednesday 2nd December 9am
• School Lottery – thanks to L Duff for running the school lottery scheme which has continued to raise funds during the pandemic when we cannot do our normal activities. Anyone can join, add more numbers at any time
• RB has applied for a grant from Storth Village Shop and is awaiting to see if we have been successful. This is usually spent on the music lessons in school. Please support our fantastic village store as much as possible
• School Uniform Shop – please donate any unwanted uniform to the shop (contact G Spencer)
• Smile Amazon
• Easy fundraising – https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/storthschool/?utm_campaign=raise-more&utm_content=en-e1
Ideas discussed due to the usual fundraising events being postponed this year (Covid-19) –
• Eco Racing Virtual Balloon Race: details to follow
• Ultimate Plum Pudding: details to follow
• IQ Christmas Design Packs: details to follow
• Christmas Wreaths/handmade decorations/other wood items if Sam A can think of things other than the reindeers for something different (to be sold in the village store/outside school etc) (TBC)
• Village Treasure Hunt (no touch – take photo) – J Proctor (details to follow)
• Christmas Raffle Hampers – as usual each week in November the children will enjoy a treat on a Friday afternoon and parents are kindly asked to bring in something towards a hamper. Thoughts are four hampers to be raffled off – Wine/Beer, Luxury Foods (remember no nut produce!), Pampering, Toys/Games, Vouchers (may be raffled separately). So you can see there are going to be some great prizes to spend your money on raffle tickets for!!
Friday 6th November – Wine/Beer/Gin etc
Friday 13th November – Luxury Christmas Foods
Friday 20th November – Pampering Items
Friday 27th November – Toys/Games
Vouchers already donated include Windermere Lake Cruises/Motor Museum, Haverthwaite Railway, Arnside Chip Shop. IF YOU CAN OFFER/ASK ANYONE FOR ANYTHING TO DONATE PLEASE DO
Details on where/how to buy raffle tickets nearer the time will be confirmed.
3. Auditor for Accounts – Neil Tewkesbury has offered to independently audit our PTA accounts twice a year
DATE OF NEXT MEETING IS MONDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2019 @ 7PM Location TBC
Please do come and see how you can help the school with their fundraising for all the extra’s the children enjoy throughout the year!